On March 30th, 2022, the Emerging Voices Network launched its capstone event for its focus on Asia Pacific.
This event brought into focus the nature and intensity of the relationship of Asia-Pacific states to nuclear issues, as well as welcoming new EVN members from the region. It examined, critiqued and celebrated the unique and vital contributions of Asia-Pacific states and civil society to the global non-proliferation and disarmament agenda.
Are you interested in nuclear issues and from Asia-Pacific, or work in the region? BASIC and the EVN would like to hear from you and highlight your expertise. Click here to access our survey.
- Angela Woodward: Deputy Executive Director, VERTIC. Board Member, Asia Pacific Leadership Network. Council Member, Disarmament and Security Centre, New Zealand. Previously: served onNew Zealand’s Public Advisory Committee on Disarmament and Arms Control (PACDAC); Adjunct Senior Fellow at the School of Law, University of Canterbury, New Zealand (2014-2019).
- Tong Zhao, PhD: Senior Fellow, Nuclear Policy Program at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, Beijing, China.
- Deandra Moerdaning: Asia regional organisation Officer, previously IAEA. Indonesia.
- Andhika Prawira: Lecturer, Department of Nuclear Engineering and Engineering Physics, Universitas Gadjah Mada, Indonesia.
- Tanvi Kulkarni, PhD: Policy Fellow at APLN. Visiting Fellow, Institute of Peace and Conflict Studies, New Delhi. Visiting lecturer, Department of Defence and Strategic Studies, Savitribai Phule Pune University.