The NPT is the corner-stone of the international nuclear disarmament and non-proliferation regime. The NPT Review Conference in May 2010 was a key moment for the global debate around nuclear disarmament and non-proliferation, and the agreement at its conclusion sets the framework for international negotiations over the period 2010 to 2015.
Treaty text, U.N. Office for Disarmament Affairs
The Latest from BASIC:
- Finding Nuclear Hope Beyond New York, Paul Ingram, May 7, 2015
- Multilateral nuclear disarmament – it would be a nice idea, Paul Ingram, May 6, 2015
- If we want a nuclear weapons free world then we need to change the rules of the game, Tim Street, February 11, 2015
- The “P5 Process” History and What to Expect in 2015, Kate Chandley, January 30, 2015
- Multilateralism – is the end in sight?, Paul Ingram, January 28, 2015
- Multilateral frustrations generate challenges for disarmament diplomacy, Rachel Staley, May 12, 2014
- Can the “P5” process deliver on disarmament?, Paul Ingram in Open Democracy, April 14, 2014
- Nuclear disarmament ambitions in 2014, Rebecca Cousins in Open Democracy, January 6, 2014
- What’s in store for the PrepCom?, Rebecca Cousins, BASIC This Week, April 22, 2013
- The P5 discuss disarmament in Geneva, Rachel Staley, BASIC This Week, April 16, 2013
- Emphasis on the Middle East at NPT PrepCom, Rachel Staley, BASIC This Week, May 8, 2012
- Keeping the ‘Non’ in the Non-Nuclear Weapon States (PDF), Chris Lindborg, BASIC Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty Review Conference 2010 Papers – 5, April 2010.
- Nuclear Options for NATO, Paul Ingram, BASIC Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty Review Conference 2010 Papers – 4 (PDF), April 2010.
- Non-Proliferation requires disarmament and vice versa: Advice to the Iranian Government as it seeks to challenge the nuclear order at the NPT Review Conference, Paul Ingram, BASIC Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty Review Conference 2010 Papers – 3, April 2010.
- Treading Water in 2010: The Nuclear Weapon States and Nuclear Disarmament (PDF), Chris Lindborg and Nicholas Meros, BASIC Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty Review Conference 2010 Papers – 2, April 2010.
- Peeling the Onion: Towards a Middle East nuclear weapons free zone, Anne Penketh, BASIC Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty Review Conference 2010 Papers – 1, March 2010.
- The Iran Deal and the NPT, Sérgio de Queiroz Duarte, European Leadership Network, 7 July 2015
- NPT: Cornerstone Of Nuclear Non-Proliferation Or Stumbling Block? Rebecca Johnson, Acronym Institute for Disarmament Diplomacy, 28 May 2015
- Gangs of New York: The 2015 NPT Revcon, Andrea Berger, European Leadership Network, 27 May 2015
- Disarmament as Politics: Lessons From the Negotiation of NPT Article VI, Matthew Harries, Chatham House, 13 May 2015
- Notes from the NPT REVCON, Jeffrey Lewis, Arms Control Wonk, 5 May 2015
- Myths and Facts Regarding the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty and Regime, US State Department, 14 April 2015
- Coalitions to Watch at the 2015 NPT Review Conference, Gaukhar Mukhatzhanova and William Potter, Nuclear Threat Initiative, 24 February 2015
- The NPT’s “Unacceptable and Continuous Failure”: Egypt Walks Out, Rebecca Johnson, Acronym Institute for Disarmament Diplomacy, 1 May 2013