Earlier Detailed Proposals for Nuclear Disarmament
- Report of the Commission on Weapons of Mass Destruction, Weapons of Terror: Freeing the World of Nuclear, Biological and Chemical Arms, (“Blix Report”), June 2006
- Japan Institute of International Affairs, the Hiroshima Peace Institute and the Japanese Government, Report of the Tokyo Forum on Nuclear Non-Proliferation and Disarmament, 1999
- Committee on International Security and Arms Control, National Academy of Sciences, The Future of US Nuclear Weapons Policy, 1997
- The Stimson Center, An American Legacy: Building a Nuclear Weapon-Free World, 1997
- Report of the Canberra Commission on the Elimination of Nuclear Weapons (Canberra: Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade), 1996
- A New START Model for Transparency in Nuclear Disarmament Individual Country Reports, Tamara Patton, Pavel Podvig, and Phillip Schell, UNIDIR 2013
- Disarmament and Other Nuclear Norms, Lawrence Freedman, The Washington Quarterly, CSIS, Spring 2013
- Why Eliminate Nuclear Weapons?, James E. Doyle, Survival, IISS, February 2013
- The Changing Political Utility of Nuclear Weapons Nuclear Threats from 1970 to 2010, Samuel Black, The Stimson Center
- Abolishing Nuclear Weapons: A Debate, George Perkovich and James M. Acton, editors. Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, February 2009.
- The Logic of Zero: Toward a World without Nuclear Weapons, Ivo Daalder and Jan Lodal, Foreign Affairs (via the website of the Brookings Institution), November/December 2008.
- The Future of Nuclear Weapons in an Interdependent World, Harald Muller, The Washington Quarterly, Vol. 31, No. 2 (Spring 2008), pp. 63-75.
- The new nuclear abolitionists, Hugh Gusterson, Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists, May 13, 2008.
- Ban the Bomb. Really. Michael Krepon, Henry L. Stimson Center. Article appears in The American Interest, Winter (January/February) 2008.
U.S. strategic policy
- U.S. and Iranian Strategic Competition, Anthony H. Cordesman, Bryan Gold, Sam Khazai, and Bradley Bosserman, CSIS, April 2013
- US Nuclear War Plan Updated Amidst Nuclear Policy Review, FAS Strategic Security Blog from the Federation of American Scientists, April 2013
- U.S. Strategic Nuclear Forces: Background, Developments, and Issues, Amy F. Woolf, Congressional Research Service, January 2013
- U.S. Non-proliferation Strategy for the changing Middle East, ISIS, January 2013
- Global Zero U.S. Nuclear Policy Commission Report: Modernizing U.S. Nuclear Strategy, Force Structure and Posture, Global Zero, May 2012
- U.S. Nuclear Posture Review Report, U.S. Department of Defense, 2010
- Toward True Security: Ten Steps the Next US President should take to transform US nuclear weapons policy, Federation of American Scientists, National Resources Defense Council and Union of Concerned Scientists, February 2008.
- Nuclear Weapons in U.S. National Security Policy: Past, Present, and Prospects, Amy F. Woolf, Congressional Research Service, October 29, 2007 (report via the website of the Federation of American Scientists).
- What Are Nuclear Weapons For? Recommendations for Restructuring U.S. Strategic Nuclear Forces, Sidney E. Drell and James E. Goodby, Arms Control Association, October 2007.
- Assessing Progress on Nuclear Non-proliferation and Disarmament, Arms Control Association, 2013
- Proliferation and Control Regimes, Congressional Research Service, Mary Beth Nikitin, Paul K. Kerr, Steven A. Hildreth, October 2012
- Concrete Steps to Improve the Nonproliferation Regime, Pierre Goldschmidt, Carnegie Papers, Number 100, April 2009.
- New York Review of Books, Volume 55, Number 3, The Greatest Threat to Us All, by Joseph Cirincione, March 6, 2008. Cirincione reviews new books by Richard Rhodes, Jonathan Schell and others highlighting the risks of nuclear proliferation especially to unstable countries such as Pakistan.
- The Seventh Decade: The New Shape of Nuclear Danger, Jonathan Schell, Henry Holt and Co. Metropolitan Books, November 2007.
Comprehensive Test-Ban Treaty (CTBT)
- Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty: Background and Current Developments, Congressional Research Service, Jonathan Medalia, February 2013
- The CTBT obstacles to entry into force, Reaching Critical Will, September 2012
- CTBT: New Study Fails to Resolve Differences over Risks to U.S. Nuclear Arsenal, The Heritage Foundation, Baker Spring, March 2012
- Resurrecting the Test-Ban Treaty, Michael O’Hanlon, Survival, Volume 50, Issue 1, February 2008.
- Nuclear Weapons: Comprehensive Test-Ban Treaty, Jonathan Medalia, Congressional Research Service Report for US Congress, updated November 30, 2007 (report via the website of the Federation of American Scientists).
- Overcoming Nuclear Dangers, The Stanley Foundation, Policy Analysis Brief, November 2007.
- Promoting Greater Transparency for Effective Nuclear Security, The Stanley Foundation, February 2013
- Securing Nuclear Materials: The 2012 Summit and Issues for Congress, Congressional Research Service, Mary Beth Nikitin, March 2012
- Nuclear Materials Security Index, NTI, January 2012
- Global Fissile Material Report 2011: Nuclear Weapon and Fissile Material Stockpiles and Production, International Panel on Fissile Materials, 2011
- Managing the Nuclear Fuel Cycle: Policy Implications of Expanding Global Access to Nuclear Power, Congressional Research Service, 1 November 2007.
- Global Fissile Material Report 2007: Second report of the International Panel on Fissile Materials: Developing the technical basis for policy initiatives to secure and irreversibly reduce stocks of nuclear weapons and fissile materials.
- Securing U.S. Nuclear Material: DOE Has Made Little Progress Consolidating and Disposing of Special Nuclear Material, U.S. Government Accountability Office, 4 October 2007.
- Blasts from the Past, Bombshelltoe, 2013
- Our Future, Our Choice, ICAN, March 2013
- A Thousand Reasons, WMD Awareness Programme
- U.S. Strategic Nuclear Policy: A Video History, 1945-2004, The National Security Archive, The George Washington University, Posted 2011
- Countdown to Zero
Information on new film by Global Zero, July 2010
- Nuclear Tipping Point
Information on new film by the Nuclear Security Project, Nuclear Threat Initiative, January 2010
- 1983: The Brink of Apocalypse, BBC Documentary available via Google Video (free), aired on BBC’s Channel 4, 2008.
- The ultimate lecture: Anthropology 101, award-winning film short from ‘Beyond Trident’, a joint initiative involving: Acronym Institute for Disarmament Diplomacy, BASIC, Oxford Research Group and the WMD Awareness Programme, 2007.