The British American Security Information Council in association with the Hudson Institute held a Strategic Dialogue breakfast on May 8, 2012 in Washington, DC.
Dr. Christopher Ford, Hudson Institute, and Dr. Barry Blechman, The Henry L. Stimson Center, engaged in a dialogue on
Peter Huessy welcomes everyone to the Capitol Hill Club
Paul Ingram sets out the reasons for the dialogue and moderates the discussion.
Dr. Christopher Ford and Dr. Barry Blechman share their views on nuclear deterrence
- Peter Huessy welcomes the crowd
- Paul Ingram gives an introduction
- Dr. Barry Blechman gives his initial remarks
- Dr. Christopher Ford gives his initial remarks
- Drs. Christopher Ford and Barry Blechman respond to questions regarding modernization of the U.S. nuclear forces, specifically to what extent the U.S. is modernizing and what this means for the disarmament movement
- Drs. Christopher Ford and Barry Blechman respond to questions about the CTBT, nuclear testing, and consensus on U.S. nuclear policy, and Dr. Ford is asked to draw comparisons between the George W. Bush and Barack Obama Administrations on nuclear diplomacy
- Drs. Barry Blechman and Christopher Ford answer questions about tactical nuclear weapons, nuclear safety and security, and uses of nuclear weapons under extreme circumstances
- Drs. Barry Blechman and Christopher Ford respond to questions about Russia, China, and India and links between disarmament and non-proliferation
- Drs. Christopher Ford and Barry Blechman make their closing remarks
BASIC and Hudson Institute would like to thank Peter Huessy, President of GeoStrategic Analysis, for facilitating this event.
BASIC is also grateful for funding from Prospect Hill, which made this event possible.